September 2017 Fly-By Status Report – I have con crud, but summer was great!
Good day and well-met! I’m feeling geeky, I just got back from Dragon Con and bought a whole USB of the Brobdingnagian Bards’ music, so that’s what I’ll be listening to, and eating pumpkin chili while we get our roof replaced as I fight off a cold and make millions of phone calls ? (“Oh, is that all?” I can hear you saying through the computer.)
SO, how was the last three months? Busy, yet surprisingly chill! One gigantic highlight was seeing the total solar eclipse, which I made a vlog of, and you should totally watch it!
As for writing, I’ve had a lot of success breaking things down into smaller pieces, and now that I have an outline of my book, I’m going through the pieces to figure out what I want to keep in the new draft! I got some new writing software, Outlining Your Novel, based on the book I’ve raved about before by K.M. Weiland, and that’s helping me lay everything out!
Now let’s see if I can get Draft 6 done by October! If things keep going the way they are, that would be a feat indeed, but I’m going to remain optimistic! SO, without further ado:
Summer/Fall 2017 Agenda:
Submit my manuscript to Pitch Wars!Submitted! I find out if I won by Aug. 24 – I didn’t get in, but that means I get to keep editing!
- Continue implementing my writing regimen and meet my
SeptemberOctober Draft 6 finish goal (See above, hopefully I’ll get a lot done the next few weeks! Maybe I’ll take a writer’s vacation!)
- Finish some short stories I keep putting off – I’ve been thinking about them, but my writing effort has been focused towards Draft 6. So we’ll see if I can do one or two in October
- Write the first draft of a new novel for NaNoWrimo 2017 – I’m probably going to set a goal for myself that I can’t start a new novel til I’ve finished Draft 6, so stay tuned on Twitter to find out if I do!
- Finish as many crochet & cross stich projects as I can – hopefully I can finish the redo of my friend’s River vest, a baby blanket for my nephew, and the giant filet crochet piece I’m making for my church coffee shop *deep breath* before Christmas
Camp Flix& Dragon Con! – love seeing my counselor and student friends at Camp Flix! And check out my Radagast cosplay I did for Dragon Con! The hardest (and my favorite) part was the hat, which I made without a pattern!
- Add something else to my Etsy shop, or put out at least one piece for Free Art Friday – posted some things on Zazzle I can possibly use for FAFATL. Keep an eye out on Instagram or other social media!
Whew! It’s been a great summer, and I’m looking forward to Fall! The holiday season begins with Dragon Con for me, so it can only ramp up from here!I hope to see you guys again in January with an update that I’ve finished Draft 6! I haven’t done much with Paint Love this year, but I’m planning to submit some original art to their auction next month.
There won’t be a MomoCon or Dragon Con vlog this year (too much work, and I had to finish the eclipse one anyway), but I think there will at least be some coverage of my in-law’s next end-of-the-year geek party.
Either way, I hope to see you guys again in January with an update that I’ve finished Draft 6!