MegaZeux 2.92b (notices screenshot of 2.91e) am i a joke to you

#1 User is offline   Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:40 PM

MegaZeux 2.92b

Posted Image

Release Info

This is a somewhat important bugfix release. Things of note for all users: this fixes a fairly bad bug that's pretty much as old as the port where, while COLOR FADE OUT is active, saved games would save the active palette (i.e. a bunch of 0s) instead of the stored palette (i.e. your game's palette). Some games managed to work in spite of this because of another bug specific to LOAD_GAME when loading faded-out saves. The LOAD_GAME bug was fixed in 2.92, which made the save bug more apparent. Affected games fixed by this release include Ruin Diver III, Better Than Nothing, and Welkin(?). Other bug fixes include a mouse warp bug and some bugs loading and importing pre-port worlds with null boards. basically, update already

There are also a few things of note to embedded port users. Saving and loading worlds/saves on the NDS, 3DS, Wii, and Switch should now be somewhere between "slightly faster" and "a lot faster" (slower computers might benefit from this too). File manager load times for the NDS, 3DS, and Wii should now be much faster than they were before in folders containing a lot of files (this issue isn't entirely resolved for the 3DS when loading a world, but it should be much more bearable). The NDS and 3DS ports now respond to the "video_ratio" config setting for the lower screen, which now defaults to "classic" for the NDS, 3DS, and Wii. The RAM cartridge support unique to the NDS port has received numerous fixes and enhancements. A graphical issue in the Wii's GX renderer has been fixed. Finally, the 3DS renderer should be more stable than before, and some of its graphical issues have been resolved.

Finally, asie has written a frontend for the HTML5 (Emscripten) port, meaning it is much closer to general usability. asie also adapted it to use Asyncify instead of Emterprify, so performance is much closer to what you'd expect from a native port. I've held back release of this port for the time being until some frontend issues are resolved, but ideally there will be a 2.92b build of it within the next week or so.

MegaZeux 2.92b Changelog

Credits

Lachesis - Developer, maintainer
asiekierka - Developer (various ports)
Dr. Lancer-X - Developer (layer rendering)
Terryn - Help file, testing
Spectere - Darwin binaries, MSVC/Xcode
Insidious - Ubuntu binaries

>>Download MegaZeux 2.92b<<

Windows x64 Windows x32 Mac OS X Ubuntu AMD64 Ubuntu i386 Debian AMD64 Debian i386
HTML5 Nintendo DS Nintendo 3DS Nintendo Wii Nintendo Switch PlayStation Portable Source code

Raspbian build pending. Android build is waiting for me being less lazy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :)/>/>/>/>/>/>

Or, on Windows, you can press U or F7 on the title screen to run MegaZeux's built-in updater.

>>Useful Links<<

>>Features Added in 2.90+<<
Want to catch up on the major features added since 2.90 and don't want to read through the changelog for them? They're summarized in these threads:

This post has been edited by Lachesis: 01 October 2019 - 07:53 PM
Reason for edit: split download links line

"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#2 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:48 PM

Mac OS X, Ubuntu, and Debian builds are up now.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#3 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:23 PM

HTML5/Emscripten build is now up.

#4 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:43 AM

The archive web player is now up. Most games should work now. If you want a particular game you can go ahead and request it here.

Games that may not work right now for whatever reason.
Note: if you take it upon yourself to fix any of these, do NOT upload the fix as a secondary zip or delete the original zip. Submit it as a new game with the same title and let an admin merge the records. Preferably also don't edit or omit any of the original files if re-archiving a record.

Legacy compression or deflate64 (fixed, currently testing)

Games with archival issues that probably need to be rearchived:

NOTE: automated conversion of the RARs and 7Zs isn't out of the question. Double archived games may need to be done by hand.

This post has been edited by Lachesis: 22 February 2020 - 03:41 AM
Reason for edit: Legacy compression and deflate64 support added, needs testing

#5 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:00 PM

The list of games affected by the web player not supporting more esoteric compression methods should now be fairly complete. There are enough of these that I'm working on a solution for this that doesn't involve reuploading or replacing these archives. This will be rolled out for the web player once it's ready and will have a general release as part of the next MZX release (2.92c), which will also have other HTML5 port fixes.

The RAR/tar/7z stuff will probably have to be automatically replaced though, and double archived games will probably need a new version uploaded manually.

#6 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:18 PM

The web player has been updated to use the MZX branch with implode/reduce/shrink/deflate64 support. The games using these listed above should be tested a bit to make sure they work (I haven't encountered any issues yet, though...).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users