dMZX Forums: ability to move character editor window to the 4 corners of the screen -> MegaZeux Feature Requests -> Tracker

Report ID 763 Title ability to move character editor window to the 4 corners of the screen
Product MegaZeux Feature Requests Status UNFILED (Severity 0 - None Assigned)
Version - Fixed in -

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • You cannot reply to this issue

Report ID #763: ability to move character editor window to the 4 corners of the screen

Graham 

• . "@Master Procrastinator"
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:55 AM

As I work in the character editor I'll often look to the board as I'm creating a new character to see how it looks in the context of the board. This is true even if I'm using the character editor to look at and edit multiple characters at once. This is especially necessary if i'm drawing something large on the board that uses many characters. Would it be very much trouble to add buttons (like ALT+ENTER or ALT+1,2,3 or 4)) that moved the character editor from the center of the screen to each of the 4 corners? This would allow you to see a much larger portion of the screen past the character editor window and alleviate a lot of moving the viewport around the board to see what you are working on as you build an image on screen. Thank you for your consideration.
Currently working on Servo for MegaZeux, I hope to complete it by the middle of 2015? Who knows...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

Page 1 of 1  

Replies (1 - 2)

Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 07 July 2019 - 08:28 PM

I don't think this is the correct solution to the problem. If you want to preview the board with the char editor (or even the palette editor in SMZX modes 2/3), how does this sound: what if the View Board feature from the main editor is allowed in both the char editor and the palette editor? You'd press V to view the board (the hotkeys in the palette editor would need to move...), and then press escape to return to whichever editor you just had open.

There's also the palette feature of the char editor which lets you preview the current chars you're editing as a palette.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Graham 

• . "@Master Procrastinator"
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:12 PM

That is an interesting idea. It would be somewhat useful but not nearly as convenient as seeing the changes on a portion of the screen as you are editing the characters. What about instead of centering the character editor window on the screen, it was upper-left corner or lower-right corner justified? this would still maximize board space behind the character editor window. I realize having the character editor window centered is more aesthetically pleasing but i'm trying to think of a solution to being able to see a group of characters you are editing when they aren't grouped together in the character table. when you can group them together in the table, that is fantastic and being able to display them as a sub palette has become an indispensable feature to me. but when i'm working with more than 18 characters (the max you can group together in the character editor) or they aren't right beside each other on the character table, it gets a little tricky to edit. If there was some way to highlight and choose the characters you want to display from around the character set table as you edit them, that would also be a solution but I was thinking this idea was easier to implement.
Currently working on Servo for MegaZeux, I hope to complete it by the middle of 2015? Who knows...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

Page 1 of 1

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users