dMZX Forums: Online MZX Manual - dMZX Forums

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Online MZX Manual MZX-Style

#31 User is offline   nooodl 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

http://www.digitalmz...hp/BUILTINS.HLP is still broken, but nobody really [needs info on/uses] builtins anymore.

#32 User is offline   T-Bone 

• Wastelander
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

the link works.
Youtube - teabone3 - Twitter - teabone3 - Twitch - teabone3

#33 User is offline   ajs 

• carpe diem
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

Characters are messed up, but I guess that's unavoidable without using images.

--ajs.

#34 User is offline   zzo38 

• Registered members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

nooodl, on 28 December 2008 - 02:34 PM, said:

http://www.digitalmz...hp/BUILTINS.HLP is still broken, but nobody really [needs info on/uses] builtins anymore.
The info in BUILTINS.HLP is sort of insufficient anyways. You should learn it better than what the help file says, if you are using builtins.
In Capitalist America, law violates YOU!

"Potion of Confusing": Solve all the puzzles, hold second one as you hold a pencil, and save gibbering mouthers from the king's army.

#35 User is online   Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

zzo38, on 05 June 2011 - 04:52 PM, said:

nooodl, on 28 December 2008 - 02:34 PM, said:

"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#36 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

Um use this one instead lolz its more up to date and the search is more better (it's case sensitive though)

Online MZX Help File
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#37 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

that's pretty awesome
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(

#38 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

Yeah, it's been around for a couple of months but I didn't realize nobody noticed the switch! I thought I made a post about it too

#39 User is offline   RedDragon 

• Pip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:23 PM

Is there a printable version of the complete help file? That would come in handy

#40 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:54 PM

There currently isn't. It's something Lancer-X and I were actually discussing just now (like an hour ago or so). What will happen is I'll probably rewrite the online help converter so we can also distribute regular (and printable) HTML copies of the help file in the docs folder. For now, you'll have to do something like keep an extra browser window open with the online help file open. Sorry there isn't a better answer than that right now :)

#41 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:43 AM

Alright, I put together a utility that can create a printable HTML of the MZX help file. These HTML files will hopefully at some point be packaged with builds and/or replace the old help viewer (as they can be normally searched). There are still minor issues (mainly the command key chars don't show up because we haven't been able to update the fonts yet).

HTML MZX Help file
HTML MZX Help file (printable version)

Note that it's 260 pages to print, so I hope you have a lot of ink or access to campus printers : )

edit: just fixed a couple of minor formatting issues.

This post has been edited by Lachesis: 13 December 2018 - 07:44 AM

#42 User is offline   Graham 

• . "@Master Procrastinator"
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:52 PM

Wow! I knew it would be big but... that’s text book big!
Currently working on Servo for MegaZeux, I hope to complete it by the middle of 2015? Who knows...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

#43 User is offline   RedDragon 

• Pip

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:10 PM

Thanks Lachesis! Didn't imagine it was so big though :) , for now I'll just print the topics I need, like the editor keys, overlay and the Robotic commands.

Btw just the changelog at the end of the manual it's about 70 pages

#44 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:05 AM

Updated so mzx_help.html is both the normal and printable version. It also has some (probably pretty bad) mobile support. This means the help file can be distributed as a single HTML with MegaZeux releases instead of as two or more.

#45 User is offline   Old-Sckool 

• megazeux breaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:37 PM

One thing I found to be interesting is that the "new in megazeux" section takes up a significant portion of the help file, probably around 50 pages
<Nadir> mzxers don't make GAMES, usually
<phthalocyanine> they make experiences.
<Nadir> demos, more like
<Nadir> a glimpse into what could have been if mzx wasn't such a bore to work with
<Nadir> actually, i'm being unfair
<Nadir> i would have made mzx games if it was capable of running on more than 20 computers worldwide in 1998
<Nadir> >:D

<%Alice> functor
<%nooodl> i hear C++ has a thing called functors and they're completely different from Haskell functors...
<rorirover> the result is the most horrid thing in C++, it's basically black magic and it transforms any code you're writing into some eldritch monstrosity

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users