• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:56 AM

Vault Link

Old versions (requires debytecode):
v0r3
v0r2
v0r1

you'll want to put this in its own directory, it leaves a mess. Also, it's for debytecode

Title screen's pretty self-explanatory but I'll take questions, too.

Basically, I just wanted an MZX editor which had USEFUL mouse controls. I'd love it if MegaZeux itself stole some of my features

tba: palette and character set validation, feel free to request features

This post has been edited by Lachesis: 20 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#2 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

Just implemented customfloor/break/push/box/hurt and text, will upload later. This might be useful for making levels for Lancer's game once there's variable board size stuff

Speaking of variable sizes, what should the maximum size for this be? I don't want a board that's too gigantic. I was thinking something like 400x200? I've finished the code changes needed for scrolling to work, I just need to like, add scrolling, and the ability to change the file size and stuff
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#3 User is offline   Old-Sckool 

• megazeux breaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

i would say no more than 500x500 really.
<Nadir> mzxers don't make GAMES, usually
<phthalocyanine> they make experiences.
<Nadir> demos, more like
<Nadir> a glimpse into what could have been if mzx wasn't such a bore to work with
<Nadir> actually, i'm being unfair
<Nadir> i would have made mzx games if it was capable of running on more than 20 computers worldwide in 1998
<Nadir> >:D

<%Alice> functor
<%nooodl> i hear C++ has a thing called functors and they're completely different from Haskell functors...
<rorirover> the result is the most horrid thing in C++, it's basically black magic and it transforms any code you're writing into some eldritch monstrosity

#4 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:08 AM

Uploaded my current progress! Has different Custom* types and the fundamentals for larger images laid out, as well as a couple of bug fixes. The block macros use the vlayer, though, which means they'll always place CustomBlocks at the moment :( sorry, this will be fixed in addition to variable image size being added in next release :)

undocumented thing: if you hold the space bar in block mode, the mouse cursor will move in increments of the exact width or height of the block.

edit: a quick thing I threw together with the default charset/palette
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lachesis: 17 December 2010 - 05:50 AM

#5 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

I'll try to make the resize dialogue actually do something today. For now, if you want to change the image size, you need to use the editor and change the initial values or use F11 and change editWidth and editHeight. Use Middle-click + drag to scroll around the image, for now.

#6 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

Posted Image

Shift+Move mouse now acts like Middle click + drag, and editing size can now be anywhere from 1x1 to 500x250. I still need to come up with something to automatically clear the area outside of editing when the image size is smaller than 80x24 though, shouldn't take too long. Completed r3 will be uploaded when I get home

#7 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

two testaments to my inability to draw anything that looks good: this test image, and the font

Posted Image

the single-char palette is almost a necessity for detailing, and even then, it took longer than it would have if I had used MsPaint (640x350 is too small for decent mouse accuracy!). Editor's intended for simple, block-based, mid-to-large-scale design, reccommened to be used in windowed or fullscreened 1200x700+

Forgot to upload yesterday

#8 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:47 AM

Uploaded r3. It will be expecting a file called default.pal to be in its directory. This can be whatever you want it to be :confused:

Posted Image
A slightly better version I remade from scratch. I had pregenerated half-char palettes for horizontal and vertical half-chars, but they weren't saved since they were off-screen. Another unintended feature of this editor is that you can load an MZM up to 80x24 with chars and blocks, and then load a smaller, blank template on top of it, and you'll still have part of the first file available to copy from.

#9 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:18 AM

LayerEdit 1.4

This version is pretty close to r3 above, but I spent time to port the entire project to MegaZeux 2.84 and to assign sprite numbers at startup instead of having magic sprite numbers. See the link for more info.

#10 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

LayerEdit 1.4b fixes a bug where I forgot to put a directory prefix on a path name, resulting in block macros not working. Link is in the first post.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users