dMZX Forums: SDL prevents screensavers and sleep mode by default. -> Archived MegaZeux Bugs -> Tracker

Report ID 824 Title SDL prevents screensavers and sleep mode by default.
Product Archived MegaZeux Bugs Status Fixed (Severity 2 - Fair)
Version 2.92f Fixed in 2.93
Introduced In Version 2.91jOperating System Windows 10 x64

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • Closed Issue This issue is locked

Report ID #824: SDL prevents screensavers and sleep mode by default.

Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 10 March 2022 - 03:29 AM

Confirmed/claimed issues caused by NvOptimusEnablement SDL that may need investigation:

• When MegaZeux is open, turning off a monitor connected by DisplayPort reliably causes Windows to detect the monitor as disconnected and to remove its desktop. This is "intentional" Windows design, but MegaZeux makes it worse for whatever reason, and the NVidia driver is the most likely culprit it's SDL's fault.
  • NVidia Experience may intercept Alt+Z keystrokes, preventing the clear board shortcut and any games that use Alt+Z together from detecting it.

NvOptimusEnablement is exported in main.c to force switchable graphics setups to use the video card instead of Intel embedded graphics, significantly improving performance of the GLSL renderer on those devices. The addition of glslscale as the default renderer may partially or completely obsolete this feature.

None of this behavior has been confirmed to be the fault of NVidia drivers yet. See below.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Page 1 of 1  

Replies (1 - 3)

Lachesis 

Posted 25 August 2023 - 06:36 AM

Updating status to: Confirmed

The first problem is caused by SDL disabling the screensaver by default, which needs a new option to fix. Cross linking GitHub issue: https://github.com/A...zeux/issues/367

The second problem is caused by Nvidia Experience and is not MZX's fault.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Lachesis 

Posted 20 September 2023 - 06:19 AM

Updating status to: Fixed
Issue fixed in: 2.93

Terryn 

Posted 01 January 2024 - 03:01 PM

Moving to: Archived MegaZeux Bugs

Page 1 of 1

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users