dMZX Forums: Tutorial 14 - Palette Editing - dMZX Forums

Page 1 of 1

Tutorial 14 - Palette Editing A new tutorial is uploaded

#1 User is offline   Graham 

• . "@Master Procrastinator"
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:05 AM

I'm getting back into making tutorials. A new one is being uploaded now. Tutorial 14 - Palette Editing It's pretty basic and for beginners. I have plans for a SMZX tutorial so I've kept that info out of this one. I may not be the best person to try and explain SMZX modes, but I will try.

I plan to do an overlay tutorial next and then sound & music. If you get a chance, watch the tutorial, not because there's anything you don't know, but because more view's will help push it up the search ranks. Feel free to critique me if you want to. I'm still learning what I'm doing and trying to get more comfortable doing it, so suggestions are appreciated.

This post has been edited by Graham: 21 October 2014 - 05:53 AM

Currently working on Servo for MegaZeux, I hope to complete it by the middle of 2015? Who knows...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

#2 User is offline   RyanThunder 

• Old-fashioned MZXer.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

I haven't checked out your Tutorial series yet, but did you cover any ground on Sprites? If not it'd be really cool if you could do a separate tutorial on them.

You could even convert the awesome Sprite tutorial in the Wiki into video form!

This post has been edited by RyanThunder: 21 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

#3 User is offline   Graham 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

View PostRyanThunder, on 21 October 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

I haven't checked out your Tutorial series yet, but did you cover any ground on Sprites? If not it'd be really cool if you could do a separate tutorial on them.

Yes, I do have plans to do that. Coming up soon to. I just wanted to get the basics out of the way before I jump into doing advanced stuff.

Here's the list of tutorials, I may change it around but this is the plan for now.

Overlay (in progress)
Sound and music
Robotic
Counters
Strings
MZM's
V-layer
Fixing bugs
Subroutines
Expressions
Sprites
Super Megazeux modes
File access
Side scrolling games
Currently working on Servo for MegaZeux, I hope to complete it by the middle of 2015? Who knows...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

#4 User is offline   Graham 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

View PostRyanThunder, on 21 October 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

Actually, tutorial 13, on parallax scrolling deals with sprites a little bit. I actually use sprites to display the level and background in it. Check it out if you have plans to make a 2d side scrolling game.

And about the sprite tutorial in the wiki, yes I will be heavily incorporating a lot of that into my tutorial on sprites. I went through that tutorial and it changed the way I design games.

-Jack Handey

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users