• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MZCNVPAK

#1 User is offline   zzo38 

• Registered members
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

MZCNVPAK (MegaZeux Converter Pack) is a package of programs for conversion of ANS, MZM, ZZT, BRD, as suggested by smilymzx.

Download at: http://zzo38computer.cjb.net/mzx1/util/mzcnvpak.zip

The package includes the source-codes, the DVI files, and the Windows executable files.

It will include (italic indicates in progress):
  • ZZT board extractor
  • ZZT board to MZM
  • MZM to ANSi
  • ANSi to MZM

This post has been edited by zzo38: 20 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

In Capitalist America, law violates YOU!

"Potion of Confusing": Solve all the puzzles, hold second one as you hold a pencil, and save gibbering mouthers from the king's army.

#2 User is offline   smilymzx 

• Those Goodie-Goodies!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:55 AM

Thanks, I was going to look at it, But I might not compile it until I know what language you used,

All I know it's a C variant. Can you tell me what it is made with? (is it Watcom C?)

The reason is that I might look to make a very primitive ZZT2SZT converter out of your BRD2MZM converter and a SuperZZT mod to make it look like the real ZZT.

I am also working in MZX, so yeah. Very great stuff for everybody.

This post has been edited by smilymzx: 21 November 2010 - 01:00 AM

SmilyMZX, A.K.A. Hamtaro126 (A.K.A. AtariHacker)

I am at:

Z2 - ZZT forums, NESDEV Forums, SMW Central (Super Mario World)

Other interests:

Museum of ZZT, NESDEV Wiki, Wiki of Weavers (ZZT-related!)

#3 User is offline   zzo38 

• Registered members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:45 AM

View Postsmilymzx, on 20 November 2010 - 05:55 PM, said:

All I know it's a C variant. Can you tell me what it is made with? (is it Watcom C?)
It is Enhanced CWEB. (You still need a C compiler; Enhanced CWEB is like the prepreprocessor.) (If you want the book, you also need webmath.zip and TeX; if you do not want the book, you do not need the webmath.zip file and you do not need TeX.) (If you want the already compiled book, you just use the DVI files and you also need the WEBMATH fonts and METAFONT to compile the WEBMATH fonts for the proper DPI of your printer.)

The reason is that I might look to make a very primitive ZZT2SZT converter out of your BRD2MZM converter and a SuperZZT mod to make it look like the real ZZT.
You are free to do so; you can even make modifications of my programs if you want to; they are in the public domain. You can also make suggestions or questions about these programs, or if there is something you found incorrect in these programs, or whatever else, you can say that, too.

This post has been edited by zzo38: 21 November 2010 - 04:50 AM

"Potion of Confusing": Solve all the puzzles, hold second one as you hold a pencil, and save gibbering mouthers from the king's army.

#4 User is offline   zzo38 

• Registered members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

Note about Enhanced CWEB: To compile Enhanced CWEB itself, "touch *.c" and then "make". Run "ctangle" on the ".w" file you want to compile and then the ".c" file will be generated. And then compile it normally.

#5 User is offline   zzo38 

• Registered members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:18 AM

New update: Now we have ANSi to MZM convert program.

#6 User is offline   Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:10 AM

These can't be incredibly difficult to make. Would it be more convenient to make them as a (normal) MZX world and bundle them with MegaZeux releases?
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#7 User is offline   smilymzx 

• Those Goodie-Goodies!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

View PostLachesis, on 04 December 2010 - 11:10 PM, said:

These can't be incredibly difficult to make. Would it be more convenient to make them as a (normal) MZX world and bundle them with MegaZeux releases?

I think it's possible, but zzo38 and I decided that this has to stay

I think it is zzo38's final decision to do the conversion by part-conversion and part-manual input, I don't mind.

So, Until zzo38 says that he can do it, In which he is making those utilities/decisions: Better off doing it yourself.

But you are free to make a port of these from (Enhanced) CWEB to another, easier language. As long as it stays Public Domain,
and zzo38 (Utility Creator) and I, SmilyMZX (For the Idea) Get credited in the utilities in a simple readme

EDIT: 5x Typo, 3x Edited
EDIT 2: 2x Typo

This post has been edited by smilymzx: 05 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

SmilyMZX, A.K.A. Hamtaro126 (A.K.A. AtariHacker)

I am at:

Z2 - ZZT forums, NESDEV Forums, SMW Central (Super Mario World)

Other interests:

Museum of ZZT, NESDEV Wiki, Wiki of Weavers (ZZT-related!)

#8 User is offline   zzo38 

• Registered members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

View Postsmilymzx, on 05 December 2010 - 11:10 AM, said:

I think it is zzo38's final decision to do the conversion by part-conversion and part-manual input, I don't mind.
The four utilities described here do not require manual adjustment, the conversion is fully automated.

The only thing that does require manual adjustment in my opinion, is converting a ZZT world into a workable MegaZeux world (PZX-mode is also required, or at least highly recommended, in this case) (many manual adjustments are required due to the differences between ZZT and MegaZeux; although the conversion of many (but not all) of these differences can be automated using Forth codes in PZX-mode).

If you have interest in converting a ZZT world into a workable MegaZeux world, we can make a separate topic to discuss it.

But you are free to make a port of these from (Enhanced) CWEB to another, easier language. As long as it stays Public Domain,
and zzo38 (Utility Creator) and I, SmilyMZX (For the Idea) Get credited in the utilities in a simple readme
CTANGLE will convert .w files into .c files, but all comments and indentations are stripped, #line directives are added to point to the .w file (and .ch file if it is used), things are rearranged in the order that the C compiler expects them, all @d commands are converted to #define and put together in one place, metamacros (not used in MZCNVPAK) are expanded, codes inside of @{ ... @} blocks (not used in MZCNVPAK) are executed ahead of time instead of being copied into the .c file, etc.

(CWEAVE converts a .w file into a .tex file, in an entirely different way than CTANGLE, although metamacros are still expanded, and there are a few other common things, too.)

Since these programs are public domain, you can do what you want with them, including using the algorithms in your own programs (in any programming language), and so on. But I do request, like smilymzx does, that if you do port it and include it with MegaZeux, to keep it public domain and credit both zzo38 and smilymzx.

#9 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

Considering almost nobody uses ANS anymore, and MZM can do everything that ANS did for MegaZeux, and that there's already a fairly accurate ZZT world convertor in Vault, I don't think I'll bother.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#10 User is offline   zzo38 

• Registered members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:21 PM

View PostLachesis, on 05 December 2010 - 02:38 PM, said:

Considering almost nobody uses ANS anymore, and MZM can do everything that ANS did for MegaZeux, and that there's already a fairly accurate ZZT world convertor in Vault, I don't think I'll bother.

ANS is still sometimes used. It can be used with TheDraw and PabloDraw, as well as with BBS programs (such as Synchronet).

You are correct that MZM can do everything that ANS did for MegaZeux (and actually MZM does even more than ANS did for MegaZeux).

If you think that ZZT Gems can be converted to MegaZeux MagicGems, that the ZZT command #PUT is directly convertible into MegaZeux PUT, or that ZZT Keys are converted to MegaZeux Keys or MegaZeux Robots or PushableRobots, you are very deluded.

#11 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

Then why not use ZZT or write a ZZT emulator?

#12 User is offline   zzo38 

• Registered members
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

View PostLachesis, on 05 December 2010 - 03:26 PM, said:

Then why not use ZZT or write a ZZT emulator?
Of course that is the possibility. There is many ZZT emulators including the one I write.

But it is important not to be deluded about ZZT and about MegaZeux.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users