dMZX Forums: SDL doesn't have an easy way to distinguish Alt+key presses from AltGr+key presses -> MegaZeux Bugs -> Tracker

Report ID 798 Title SDL doesn't have an easy way to distinguish Alt+key presses from AltGr+key presses
Product MegaZeux Bugs Status Dependency Flaw (Severity 1 - Low)
Version 2.92c Fixed in -
Introduced In Version 2.80XOperating System All platforms

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • You cannot reply to this issue

Report ID #798: SDL doesn't have an easy way to distinguish Alt+key presses from AltGr+key presses

#1 User is online  
Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 11 March 2020 - 08:48 PM

SDL doesn't provide an easy way to distinguish Alt from AltGr when using a keyboard locale with AltGr. This means that combinations such as "AltGr+S" in the robot editor would mark the start of the block instead of printing whatever char AltGr+S represents to the buffer.

I'm not sure how important this is since AltGr combinations are almost always Unicode glyphs and are blocked in most places MZX uses text. This pull request fixes robot editor issues related to this with key combinations that aren't bound by the robot editor.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • You cannot reply to this issue

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users