#1 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

JP: 2016-9-15

US: 2017-4-4

PAL: 2017-4-4
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(

#2 User is offline   djtiesto 

• SHOPPING PLEASE
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

Really hope this comes out in the US this year. November would be my ideal - some vacation time due to Veterans Day and Thanksgiving - and by that time I will have SO5, FFXV, Setsuna, and Exist Archive done (and hopefully Trails of Cold Steel).
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:02 PM

View Postdjtiesto, on 09 May 2016 - 02:56 AM, said:

Really hope this comes out in the US this year. November would be my ideal - some vacation time due to Veterans Day and Thanksgiving - and by that time I will have SO5, FFXV, Setsuna, and Exist Archive done (and hopefully Trails of Cold Steel).

ATLUS (Japan) presenting at E3 in a month makes me cautiously optimistic.
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(

#4 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:22 PM

US release date: 14th of February, 2017.

Bit later than we hoped, oh well.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   djtiesto 

• SHOPPING PLEASE
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

Shame it couldn't have made it this year, but knowing how February is in NY I probably won't be doing too much aside from sitting in and playing long-ass RPGs anyways, so it's not too bad.

This post has been edited by djtiesto: 12 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:47 PM

OP movie:

Prologue:

(w/ subs)

The Mementos Dungeon is an auto-generated infinite dungeon separate from the main game. You’ll explore this dungeon’s vast maps while riding Morgana, who transforms into a bus, and take on free quests.

persona 5 confirmed for best rpg ever
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   GetDizzy 

• Touch Fuzzy.

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:05 PM

Apparently this is coming out for PS3 as well as PS4? I might actually get the chance to play it then. :(
- Your Jumpy Neighborhood Admin

<@Tixus> Anyway, I set the year to 1988 for some reason.
<@Tixus> And set the microwave to run for a minute and 28 seconds.
<@Tixus> But it failed to send me back in time, and I was disappointed.
<Insidious> Tixus accidentally microwaved the 80s
<Insidious> that is my takeaway from this

#8 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostInsidious, on 25 August 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

Apparently this is coming out for PS3 as well as PS4? I might actually get the chance to play it then. :(/>

I bought a PS3 specifically for this game. I've been playing a bunch of other things on it too (P3FES, SMT3 etc.) so it's been a pretty good investment already. Seemed way better than the PS4 from a value perspective, at least for the sorts of things I want to play on a console.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   GetDizzy 

• Touch Fuzzy.

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:42 AM

The PS3 definitely has a lot of stuff I imagine you'd like, already on the system, especially if you've got a model with PS2 back compat or your PS2-era game is on the PS2 Classics list

I've been playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions on my WiiU for my SMT fix while I wait for P5, it's also pretty good.

We have two at the moment. Plan on sending one in to get modded, and if it doesn't come back to us/gets broken we'll keep the other one, if it comes back successfully modded, I'll probably sell the spare.

#10 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostInsidious, on 28 August 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

especially if you've got a model with PS2 back compat or your PS2-era game is on the PS2 Classics list

To be honest, PS2 emulation on PC is probably better than PS2 Classics on PS3... however I still enjoyed playing those PS2 Classics games. The PS2 Classics is basically just running the disc image with a software emulator, but the emulator isn't perfect so they only add games that work (and even then things slip past, like Lucifer's Call). PS2 emulation on PC is a better emulator purely in terms of compatibility, even ignoring the fact that you can do things like increase the resolution.

Of course, before I played them I was really thrilled by the PS2 Classics, because it seemed like a fantastic idea. PS4 not only doesn't have that (actually it looks like it does, for a very tiny number of games), it doesn't even have PS3 backwards compatibility! And there are practically no RPGs for it - the main things for it seem to be things I'd rather play on PC.

I'll probably check out Trails of Cold Steel since the new one is coming out soon and I loved Sora no Kiseki..
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Baby Bonnie Hood 

• Neatsome!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:17 AM

View PostInsidious, on 28 August 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

I've been playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions on my WiiU for my SMT fix while I wait for P5, it's also pretty good.

Exactly how is that game? All I ever hear of it is how it's neither Shin Megami Tensei nor Fire Emblem, and how all the censorship ruined everything or something.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:07 AM

View PostBaby Bonnie Hood, on 29 August 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

Exactly how is that game? All I ever hear of it is how it's neither Shin Megami Tensei nor Fire Emblem, and how all the censorship ruined everything or something.

From what I've heard the censorship is silly but it doesn't really ruin the game. Gameplay-wise it looks to be not too far from a Persona game. It's nothing like Fire Emblem, it just features Fire Emblem characters.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   GetDizzy 

• Touch Fuzzy.

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:46 AM

It plays and feels very much like Persona to me. To the point where you could replace the word "mirage" with "shadows" and it would basically be persona. :(/>/>/>

Plotwise it's actually pretty intimately tied in to both universes, in such a way that I would actually consider it to be potentially canon within both (as much as the SMT-iverse has any real 'canon' anyway). Gameplaywise it's nothing like FE, but without getting into spoilers the ties to Fire Emblem are *definitely* there and quite distinct, though, other than your mirages (think: personas) being FE characters the rest of the tie-in only really shows up around Chapter 5, which is about I'd say... I dunno, 15-20 hours in, maybe?

The censorship is kind of goofy but I ended up using an unsupported fanmade patch that removed the censorship, including reverting most of the dialogue for an entire chapter (which must have taken them a lot of work, kudos).

If I have *one* complaint to make... They decided to go with subtitles-only (all the spoken audio is left in Japanese) for the English version, which is all well and good, but they *don't* subtitle any of the in-battle dialogue (at least not unless it's plot important), which... I guess I can understand why they wouldn't but I'd like to know what inane crap my party is yelling out while they do their ridiculously over the top attacks.

#14 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:57 PM

Delayed until April 4. Although it's now coming with dual audio which is nice.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

Sizzle trailer

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:13 PM

It's out!

I was an idiot and preordered it, so naturally I'll only get it when it's shipped. Oh well. Trying to finish Witcher 3 first anyway.

why don't you play a real shin megami tensei game
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users