dMZX Forums: editor holds information about last file and folder accessed -> MegaZeux Feature Requests -> Tracker

Report ID 754 Title editor holds information about last file and folder accessed
Product MegaZeux Feature Requests Status Implemented (Severity 1 - Low)
Version 2.91j Fixed in 2.91j

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • You cannot reply to this issue

Report ID #754: editor holds information about last file and folder accessed

Graham 

• . "@Master Procrastinator"
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:20 AM

I've noticed that when you load an MZM file with the editor it holds the information about what folder that MZM was in. The editor will automatically be in that folder already when you choose to load another MZM. I've long wished that the editor did this for not only loading of palette and character sets but saving them as well. If the editor did that and held the name of the last character set or palette file name in the file name field, it would allow rapid saving and loading of these files which, at times, would be extremely useful.
Currently working on Servo for MegaZeux, I hope to complete it by the middle of 2015? Who knows...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

Page 1 of 1  

Replies (1 - 6)

Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:52 PM

Updating severity to: 1 - Low
Updating version to: 2.91j
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Lachesis 

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:05 PM

Updating status to: Implemented
Issue fixed in: 2.91j

Implemented in GIT 5bcc8eab.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Graham 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

Wonderful! Thanks.
Currently working on Servo for MegaZeux, I hope to complete it by the middle of 2015? Who knows...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

Graham 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:46 AM

I've used this new feature with great success and it's been a major time saver! That said I do have a question about it's functionality. Import board file, char set, palette & MZM files retain folder location but not file name info. Export board file, char set, palette & MZM files retain folder & file info, both from exported and imported files. is this the intended functionality? I thought there may be some purpose you did not have import save the last imported/exported file name so I thought I would ask and see if you want me to report it as a bug or not. Thanks.

This post has been edited by Graham: 15 May 2019 - 06:43 PM

-Jack Handey

Lachesis 

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:14 AM

Sorry I missed this post. For all of the cases you listed MZX jumps to the file previously loaded for me. Did you delete the files before you opened the import dialog? The function used for importing should display the file name unless it can't select it from the list and I'm not sure what else would cause that. Can you give me a specific example?

Graham 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:02 PM

When I choose to import a previously imported or exported file, the cursor is always in the first line of the file menu field and the name of that file is displayed in the save field, not on the previously imported/exported file. Exporting a file works correctly, with the cursor appearing at the last imported/exported file in the file menu field and the last imported/exported file appears in the save name field, allowing you to simply press enter to reuse the previously imported/exported file name. So how does it work for you? do you not need to re select the file name you want to use? I've tried this with the current version of MegaZeux (2.91j) as well as the MZXgit you shared with me for the purpose of testing the new palette editor features and I get the same results. I also get the same results with different games both in nested folders inside the MegaZeux folder and caverns, which isn't in any folder.

-Jack Handey

Page 1 of 1

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users