dMZX Forums: Specific Charsets and Pals to Boards -> MegaZeux Feature Requests -> Tracker

Report ID 552 Title Specific Charsets and Pals to Boards
Product MegaZeux Feature Requests Status Awaiting Feedback (Severity 2 - Fair)
Version 2.90c Fixed in -

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • You cannot reply to this issue

Report ID #552: Specific Charsets and Pals to Boards

T-Bone 

• Wastelander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Not sure if this has been suggested before... but its been on my mind since I first started using MegaZeux's editor.

Is it possible to have in board options a .CHR file and .PAL file? So we can actually have boards automatically load .CHR and .PAL files automatically in the editor and in game, specific to the boards? That way we could go from board to board in the editor and it would load the charset and colours according to each board. That would be amazing...
Youtube - teabone3 - Twitter - teabone3 - Twitch - teabone3

Page 1 of 1  

Replies (1 - 5)

#2 User is online  
Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Updating status to: Approved
Updating severity to: 2 - Fair

There is already a thread for this in the tracker, but it's named something else, so I'll use this one.

This feature is planned. Loading the board charset/palette would not be automatic, however -- it's too easy to destroy charset work that way. Instead, there will be a hotkey/button with a confirmation somewhere, whether it be in the board info (I) dialog or a new dialog (I was thinking ALT+D and move the current ALT+D functionality to ALT+A).
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#3 User is online  
Lachesis 

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:54 AM

Updating status to: Awaiting Feedback
Updating version to: 2.90b

The gameplay aspect of this has been implemented in GIT 3e04634. I need feedback on what the editor behavior should be for this, though.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#4 User is online  
Lachesis 

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

Updating version to: 2.90c

Experimental editor functionality for this has been added in 2.90c. Further suggestions for this are welcome.

Terryn 

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:07 PM

Accommodations for extended graphics (i.e. extra charsets + indices)? The extra charsets would probably need their own submenu.
angelic stream - shed sanguine - ill-adapt - avis - para/lyser - renaissance - dead tangent - phosphene blur - birth breeds death - ________ - painted glass - lagniappe

<Exophase> HES STEALING MAH AIRSHIP!!!!!!11111111

#6 User is online  
Lachesis 

Posted 24 December 2023 - 11:58 PM

There should be a "load indices on entry" setting at minimum. This dialog is overpacked, which needs to be dealt with first, so I suspect this would be a 2.94 feature.

Page 1 of 1

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users