dMZX Forums: Standalone release utility/interface -> MegaZeux Feature Requests -> Tracker

Report ID 696 Title Standalone release utility/interface
Product MegaZeux Feature Requests Status Awaiting Feedback (Severity 0 - None Assigned)
Version 2.92 Fixed in -

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • You cannot reply to this issue

Report ID #696: Standalone release utility/interface

Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:47 PM

Now that MZX can actually have standalone releases due to standalone mode, being able to actually produce standalone releases in a cross-platform manner from within MZX is reasonable to consider.

Why? Game Maker and OHRRPGCE(?!?!) have the ability to do this, can produce releases for Android and iOS, and basically, we look stupid.

I think this is at least worth considering:

• Possibly use update hosts to deliver up-to-date standalone packages when requested by MegaZeux.
  • Configure these packages using either scripts/utilities included in the packages or a module within MegaZeux
  • MegaZeux needs to be able to attach itself to a config file that isn't "megazeux-config" for Unix releases, if we allow them.
  • Might require modifying the way the window title behaves in standalone mode.
  • Allow the user to configure this to some degree:
    • Executable/config file name
    • Icon path
    • Target version
    • Which files to include/exclude within the current path
    • Which platforms to target
    • no_titlescreen mode
    • Include/exclude scaling shaders

Notes:
  • Requires 2.92's configuration features minimum probably.
  • Probably requires specific build scripts tailored to producing these releases.
  • Windows x64/x86 and anything else distributed by .zip can be handled natively within MegaZeux right now aside from icon management.
  • Should probably include direct links to the MegaZeux source in the documentation if we allow this.
  • DMG probably difficult or impossible right now.

"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Page 1 of 1  

Replies (1 - 3)

Lachesis 

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

For simplicity, the initial implementation of this should probably not include icon functionality. Replacing the icons of a PE automatically looks like a headache, and icons can be disabled altogether for the standalone target builds.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Lachesis 

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

After some discussion we agreed that this is far better suited to be a Vault feature than an MZX feature.

Lachesis 

Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

Updating status to: Awaiting Feedback

I think the Emscripten port pretty much removes any need for this.

Page 1 of 1

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users