dMZX Forums: Inaccurate message displayed when robot opens door/gate -> MegaZeux Bugs -> Tracker

Report ID 804 Title Inaccurate message displayed when robot opens door/gate
Product MegaZeux Bugs Status Flagged For Future Version (Severity 1 - Low)
Version 2.92c Fixed in -
Introduced In Version <2.80Operating System Windows x64

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • You cannot reply to this issue

Report ID #804: Inaccurate message displayed when robot opens door/gate

Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:21 AM

If a robot opens a door/gate using the OPEN [dir] command, the message "You opened the door" or "You opened the gate" is displayed, even though the player did not in fact open a door/gate.
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(

Page 1 of 1  

Replies (1 - 3)

Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion

Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:07 AM

Updating status to: Flagged For Future Version

But "you", the person who wrote the robot containing the OPEN [dir] command that opened the door/gate, did (indirectly) open the door/gate. I don't see what the issue is or why this message should be changed.

(This happens because the open command currently uses the same function player movement uses to interact with things with the item flag, which includes doors/gates. So, yes, it's a bug, but I don't care enough to fix it right now.)
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Terryn 

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:50 PM

As an aside, this is also why Robots interacting with locked doors/gates require the player to have keys for the Robot to open them and why it uses up any relevant keys the player has. On the message end of this, there's also the message for when the door/gate is both unlocked and opened.
angelic stream - shed sanguine - ill-adapt - avis - para/lyser - renaissance - dead tangent - phosphene blur - birth breeds death - ________ - painted glass - lagniappe

<Exophase> HES STEALING MAH AIRSHIP!!!!!!11111111

Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:30 PM

It's possible it was intentionally implemented this way for custom robot players, so maybe the fix is to have two separate commands?
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Page 1 of 1

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users