dMZX Forums: Reality Adlib Tracker file format -> Archived Requests -> Tracker

Report ID 755 Title Reality Adlib Tracker file format
Product Archived Requests Status Implemented (Severity 1 - Low)
Version 2.92 Fixed in 2.92

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • Closed Issue This issue is locked

Report ID #755: Reality Adlib Tracker file format

Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:46 AM

A cross-platform version of Reality Adlib Tracker with OPL3 support was released last year. Since libxmp stopped supporting RADs/OPL S3Ms before we switched to it, adding the Reality Adlib Tracker RAD player to MegaZeux would be a fairly low effort way to get FM music support in MegaZeux instead. This wouldn't bloat the executable size much for platforms that care about that (~54k for Windows x64, probably much less for consoles).

This would need to go in the contrib folder and would require some hacks to their player code to support some of the functions we want, but their player is fairly simple so this shouldn't be a problem.

edit: confirmed with Reality that their player source is public domain. However, it appears to only support 2.x files, so a 1.x loader would have to be adapted from existing code elsewhere (either their .ASM player or more likely AdPlug). This is still probably preferable to including AdPlug, which is over 1 MB when fully optimized and stripped.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Page 1 of 1  

Replies (1 - 4)

Lachesis 

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:31 PM

Updating status to: Approved
Updating severity to: 1 - Low
Updating version to: 2.92

I currently have this working, but this will probably require a wrapper class for the following features we want:

• RAD 1.x support. The RAD 2.x player should be fully capable of playing these. We need a separate loader for the instruments and a separate row parser or converter for the old pattern/note format (converter looks more simple right now). Adding a function to validate 1.x RADs would also be nice, though they're simple enough the new loader could do this on-the-fly.
  • set_order/get_order. Setting this looks like it should be as simple as setting the "Order" variable and using GetTrack() + Update(). Reading can be achieved with the public function GetTunePos() right now.
  • set_position/get_position/get_length. Each order needs its length in rows calculated into a table like we do for libxmp.

"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Lachesis 

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:49 AM

This is currently implemented and pending merge.

Lachesis 

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:55 PM

Updating status to: Implemented
Issue fixed in: 2.92

Going to count this one as implemented. This branch will be merged into master-2.92 in the near future.

Terryn 

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:29 AM

Moving to: Archived Requests

Page 1 of 1

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users