dMZX Forums: Emscripten: Some sounds in Taoyarin don't play correctly -> Archived MegaZeux Bugs -> Tracker

Report ID 792 Title Emscripten: Some sounds in Taoyarin don't play correctly
Product Archived MegaZeux Bugs Status Fixed (Severity 3 - Medium)
Version 2.92b Fixed in 2.92c
Introduced In Version 2.92bOperating System Emscripten

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • Closed Issue This issue is locked

Report ID #792: Emscripten: Some sounds in Taoyarin don't play correctly

Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:20 AM

In Taoyarin certain sound effects (such as throwing a glass shard and having it shatter) are played with "s/shard1.ogg", while the actual path is "S/shard1.ogg". Only seems to affect the Emscripten port.
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(

Page 1 of 1  

Replies (1 - 4)

Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:30 AM

Updating status to: Confirmed

Looks like what's going on here is for whatever reason Emscripten successfully stats the directory "s" (may be a case-insensitive VFS?) but because the filename checks in the frontend are case-sensitive, it doesn't actually match any files. I might need to get asie to look at this or dig through the Emscripten FS code again.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Lachesis 

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:15 AM

To clarify (since I didn't mention it here), specifically what I find suspicious in the frontend code is that createNode truncates the first character of every path passed to it and then unconditionally succeeds if the path length is zero. The path received here when these files are accessed is "s" and I think this bug causes a false positive. The result is the nonexistent directory "s" is accessed instead of stat failing (which would make fsafetranslate check for the correct name "S"). As far as I can tell this isn't an issue with case-sensitivity vs. case-insensitivity (directly anyway).
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Lachesis 

Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:01 AM

Updating status to: Fixed
Issue fixed in: 2.92c

Fixed in GIT 9a19a652. This was caused by false positives but not as described above; instead, the path "game/s" would match against "game/saved.sav".

Lachesis 

Posted 08 March 2020 - 05:58 AM

Moving to: Archived MegaZeux Bugs

Page 1 of 1

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users