dMZX Forums: Using Extended Characters when Editing Board? - dMZX Forums

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using Extended Characters when Editing Board? Is this possible?

#1 User is offline   hseiken 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:42 PM

I'm just curious if there is a way to access extended characters when editing a board/VLayer? Or do I have to just juggle what I'm currently working on with importing characters into the first 255 and make sure I keep it written down somewhere what characters/bank those things end up on when putting the game together? Also, does it require a specific mode?

Thanks for any help.
There is no Data, only Zuul.

#2 User is offline   Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:49 AM

Currently extended character sets can only be accessed by unbound sprites (via the spr#_offset counter) or by Robotic commands (e.g. COPY CHAR "(256)" "(32)").
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#3 User is offline   MicMotorhead 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:50 AM

It would be amazing if the character sets could be used for regular board editing, but also a very big change.

My only problem with using multiple .chr files is that I tend to lose track and screw something up!

I actually prefer just using one single set for an entire game and then try and be clever with how it's put together, which is working out well for me.
For example, the two characters that make up the trunk of my pine trees also makes up the top of my pine trees. The middle two characters of the pine trees also make up the sides of cave entrances.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users