• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MegaZeux 2.84 FOUR~!!!!

#1 User is offline   Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

NOTE 1: Auto-update via updates.digitalmzx.com is currently out of order. If you wish you may change your auto-update URL to updates.mzx.devzero.co.uk but we hope to have this issue fixed shortly. Fixed!

NOTE 2: We are unable to provide a package for Mac OS X at this time. I intend to compile and package one of these myself within the next few days. Mac OS X .dmg is now available.

Release info (mostly by ajs, from changelog.txt)

The first version of MegaZeux to be released in two and a half years, this
time with a vast number of bugfixes, several new features, and hopefully
no new bugs.

There's a new port to the Pandora platform from Exophase. There are no
binaries for this platform yet, as ajs has not had time to set up the
cross-compiler. Same goes for Android.

Another major (internal) change this time around is that Exophase's
experimental "debytecode" language modification has been merged. This still
has some major bugs open against it, and missing features, so we won't be
doing official releases yet. You can add support for this feature by
passing "--enable-debytecode" to config.sh on all platforms.

Thanks to Terryn, Exophase and MZXGiant for their contributions and to
Lancer-X, Old-Sckool and Lachesis who reported and tracked the majority
of bugs this time round.

Complete Changelog

>>DOWNLOAD MEGAZEUX v2.84<<

Windows x86
Windows x64
Ubuntu i386
Ubuntu AMD64
Mac OS X
Source Code
Other Builds

>>Read the New Release FAQ!<<

>>Instructions to compile the MZX source<<

>>On-Line Help File (updated for 2.84)<<
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#2 User is offline   Terryn 

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Some fun stuff in FOUR~!!!!, short version:
  • Subroutine Versions of Built-In Labels. They exist for most (not all) of the built-in labels. Keep these tightly controlled and locked up, though. Triggering something like : "#keyN" constantly isn't fun for the stack!
  • File Listing Via FREAD. Just plug in a directory name when opening a file (no extension) and you're good to go!
  • Direct Jump to the Global Robot. Alt+G!
  • More Board/Overlay/Under Access Counters. Examples: "uchX,Y", "ucoX,Y", "uidX,Y", "uprX,Y" for the under layer, regarding char, color, char id and parameter!
  • MZM3. It versions stuff!
  • ATAN2. You can stop asking for it, it's here!
  • Backspacing Temporarily Blanks Out Fields Now. OH MAN!
  • User-Set Terminator. Not the kind that murders, but it will end you(r read or write) just fine!
  • Less Crashy. POW!
  • Lots of Other Stuff. Over 70 things changed, added or fixed! GAPE IN AMAZEMENT!

Anyway, I'm glad to see a new MZX release after so long (over two years), and my heavy-handed meme finally has a chance to rest in peace. As always, report any bugs you see, or suggestions you may have, on the tracker. Our next slated version will hopefully arrive fairly soon, and will focus on bugs and any (hopefully few) sighted regressions caused by 2.84.
angelic stream - shed sanguine - ill-adapt - avis - para/lyser - renaissance - dead tangent - phosphene blur - birth breeds death - ________ - painted glass - lagniappe

<Exophase> HES STEALING MAH AIRSHIP!!!!!!11111111

#3 User is offline   ajs 

• carpe diem
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

Nice one guys. Best of luck to Lachesis as the new point person for MZX development.

--ajs.

#4 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Thanks ajs : ) I'll try not to screw things up too bad, expect me to continue asking for advice occasionally.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#5 User is offline   Old-Sckool 

• megazeux breaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

I plan on uploading some of my test boards showing off some of the new features in four either today or tomorrow.

It's Here

This post has been edited by Old-Sckool: 04 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

<Nadir> mzxers don't make GAMES, usually
<phthalocyanine> they make experiences.
<Nadir> demos, more like
<Nadir> a glimpse into what could have been if mzx wasn't such a bore to work with
<Nadir> actually, i'm being unfair
<Nadir> i would have made mzx games if it was capable of running on more than 20 computers worldwide in 1998
<Nadir> >:D

<%Alice> functor
<%nooodl> i hear C++ has a thing called functors and they're completely different from Haskell functors...
<rorirover> the result is the most horrid thing in C++, it's basically black magic and it transforms any code you're writing into some eldritch monstrosity

#6 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

Very nice work. Sorry I couldn't help with beta testing. Just been too much on my plate lately.

But I'll continue my current project in 284 and whine loudly if anything breaks =P
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(

#7 User is offline   Baby Bonnie Hood 

• Neatsome!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

Crud, now I have to go back and put wait 1's in between SHOOT commands. Good thing I'm not yet done with Ned the Knight.

On the other hand, sharks move in goop! Talon's Tale's original gameplay has been restored!
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Old-Sckool 

• megazeux breaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

Hopefully no issues with the cycle ending shoot crop up.

This post has been edited by Old-Sckool: 04 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

<Nadir> demos, more like
<Nadir> a glimpse into what could have been if mzx wasn't such a bore to work with
<Nadir> i would have made mzx games if it was capable of running on more than 20 computers worldwide in 1998

<%Alice> functor
<%nooodl> i hear C++ has a thing called functors and they're completely different from Haskell functors...
<rorirover> the result is the most horrid thing in C++, it's basically black magic and it transforms any code you're writing into some eldritch monstrosity

#9 User is offline   A-Guymzx 

• Bouncin'
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

Looking at that huge changelog and all the nifty stuff that's written in it, I believe 2.84 is well worth the wait.
Awesome job guys!

Edit: Wait a sec, the new folder reading function makes the 'media player' I have buried deep among the other projects I have actually possible! I suddenly love this update even more.

This post has been edited by A-Guymzx: 04 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

#10 User is offline   CJA 

• «≡larch bucket≡»
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

OMAIGAH

Subroutine Versions of Built-In Labels.
SPACELOCK: Setting this counter to 0 allows the player to move around when space is pressed. Setting it back to 1 enables default behavior again.
vch0,0 and vco0,0 now have board, under, and overlay counterparts!
Dialogs (especially "Exit gameplay - Are you sure?") now require the user to have actually hit ESC to close, making escaping busyloops and message loops much easier.
The abilities of PLAY "&file&" to play at multiple frequencies and to parse multiple files have been restored. (Wait, didn't BtB use this in excess?)
MOD "AURORA.MOD*"? This sounds like something I always wanted... So it'll play AURORA.MOD and then seamlessly set the board's mod to *?

This post has been edited by CJA: 05 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Need a dispenser here.

#11 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

Mac OSX version is up, check the first post. I built it in 10.5 on an Intel Mac, and nobody but I has tested it <.<

#12 User is offline   Terryn 

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

It's x86/x86-64 only, for now at least. Sorry, those of you still stuck on ppc macs for some reason.
angelic stream - shed sanguine - ill-adapt - avis - para/lyser - renaissance - dead tangent - phosphene blur - birth breeds death - ________ - painted glass - lagniappe

<Exophase> HES STEALING MAH AIRSHIP!!!!!!11111111

#13 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Any one who knows how and can write coherent instructions: feel free to expand on the Compiling MegaZeux page. It could probably use some more love. I just added some Mac-specific instructions.

edit: Asgromo just helped me completely overhaul the Mac-compiling instructions.

*** ANYONE WHO PLANS ON BUILDING MEGAZEUX 2.84 IN MAC OS X NEEDS TO READ THIS ***

#14 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

Looks Terryn already found a painfully obvious regression in 2.84, but unless you still use the rel commands it won't affect your current work at all. Oops!

#15 User is offline   Baby Bonnie Hood 

• Neatsome!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

And if I do still use the rel commands?
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Exophase 

• Laughing on the inside.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostBaby Bonnie Hood, on 08 June 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

And if I do still use the rel commands?

Why are you still using them?
~ ex0 has a kickass battle engine, without it you sux0rz! without it you sux0rz! ~

"The fact that I say I've one of the best, is called honesty." -Akwende
"Megazeux is not ment to be just ASCII, it is ANSI!" - T-bone6
"I hate it when you get all exo on me." - emalkay

Exophase can what Rubi-cant.
exoware is ware ur ware is exoware
ps. not loking 4 new membrs kthx

#17 User is offline   KKairos 

• not an actual chipmunk
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostLachesis, on 07 June 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Looks Terryn already found a painfully obvious regression in 2.84, but unless you still use the rel commands it won't affect your current work at all. Oops!

So will it affect old games using the rel commands at this time?
darganflayer.net kaikairos.dev itch.io

#18 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Yep. There are more details in the bug tracker (the thread got archived in MZX bugs already), but it only affects one command, and I'm not sure it's one that got much REL use at that. Still a really idiotic regression though, I'm going to try pushing 2.84b within the week.

#19 User is offline   smilymzx 

• Those Goodie-Goodies!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

After the Bugfix, Is anyone making Build Instructions for Win32/64 yet?

This is important.
SmilyMZX, A.K.A. Hamtaro126 (A.K.A. AtariHacker)

I am at:

Z2 - ZZT forums, NESDEV Forums, SMW Central (Super Mario World)

Other interests:

Museum of ZZT, NESDEV Wiki, Wiki of Weavers (ZZT-related!)

#20 User is offline   Old-Sckool 

• megazeux breaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

http://mzx.devzero.c...ys-megazeux.txt should explain almost everything you need to compile under windows. You'll have to change the git repository link to Lach's (AliceLR). To compile the 64 bit version, just change the platform version from win32 to win64.

This post has been edited by Old-Sckool: 11 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

<Nadir> demos, more like

<%Alice> functor

#21 User is offline   ajs 

• carpe diem
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

People can also look at the various shell scripts in the scripts/ folder to see how the automatic build system builds MZX for various platforms. All platforms except Mac OS X can be built from a Linux system, including windows.

To compile the 64 bit version, just change the platform version from win32 to win64.

Unless things have changed recently I'm fairly sure ming-w64 wasn't merged back yet, so you'd actually need to install a different toolchain to achieve this.

--ajs.

#22 User is offline   smilymzx 

• Those Goodie-Goodies!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

View Postajs, on 11 June 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

People can also look at the various shell scripts in the scripts/ folder to see how the automatic build system builds MZX for various platforms. All platforms except Mac OS X can be built from a Linux system, including windows.

Unless things have changed recently I'm fairly sure ming-w64 wasn't merged back yet, so you'd actually need to install a different toolchain to achieve this.

--ajs.

That explains why ZLib failed to accept compilation in the Network source files...

I need to replace all the compiler stuff and then redo the GIT retrieval/cloning from the main GIT tree to to compile it...

Thanks for the info!
SmilyMZX, A.K.A. Hamtaro126 (A.K.A. AtariHacker)

I am at:

Z2 - ZZT forums, NESDEV Forums, SMW Central (Super Mario World)

Other interests:

Museum of ZZT, NESDEV Wiki, Wiki of Weavers (ZZT-related!)

#23 User is offline   mzxgiant 

• DigitalMZX Server Ninja & Code Monkey

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

For reference, the MSVC deps were updated a couple commits ago and function, not sure if you can(/should) compile with MINGW32 with these deps or not.

#24 User is offline   ajs 

• carpe diem
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

I'm pretty sure mingw can't use MSVC lib files, but I could be wrong. It can use DLLs produced by MSVC (so SDL would work). Fortunately the deps for mingw32/mingw-w64 are checked into the same place (scripts/deps/), so you don't have to build them from source either.

The previously linked documentation covers building using these binaries. I just updated the mingw32.zip at the referenced URL as it was slightly out of sync with the current build.

(It's also worth saying that we don't do anything weird when we build the deps from source -- it's just a ./configure && make && make install affair, but some of the libraries are built only in static form, SDL dynamically, and the -config scripts are manually edited to make them portable to other systems. For better license compliance we should probably document this process.)

--ajs.

#25 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

msvc lib files are 'ar' archives and as such they typically DO work with mingw. Grab one and have a look, !<arch> right at the start there..
I wouldn't advise using them this way, though, might come back to haunt you later because they aren't exactly the same...
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(

#26 User is offline   ajs 

• carpe diem
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

Did you actually try this? Because I did, and it didn't work. I took zlib.lib from MZXG's x86 Deps and renamed it over the top of libz.a in the existing dependency package:

src/network/.build/host.o: In function `host_recv_file':
/home/alistair/megazeux/src/network/host.c:1397: undefined reference to `_inflateInit2_'
/home/alistair/megazeux/src/network/host.c:1420: undefined reference to `_inflate'
/home/alistair/megazeux/src/network/host.c:1444: undefined reference to `_inflateEnd'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngwrite.o): In function `png_write_flush':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngwrite.c:841: undefined reference to `_deflate'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngwrite.o): In function `png_write_destroy':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngwrite.c:959: undefined reference to `_deflateEnd'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-png.o): In function `png_reset_crc':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/png.c:111: undefined reference to `_crc32'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-png.o): In function `png_calculate_crc':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/png.c:152: undefined reference to `_crc32'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-png.o): In function `png_reset_zstream':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/png.c:757: undefined reference to `_inflateReset'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngread.o): In function `png_create_read_struct_2':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngread.c:123: undefined reference to `_inflateInit_'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngread.o): In function `png_read_row':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngread.c:561: undefined reference to `_inflate'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngread.o): In function `png_read_destroy':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngread.c:1067: undefined reference to `_inflateEnd'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngwutil.o): In function `png_zlib_claim':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngwutil.c:251: undefined reference to `_deflateInit2_'
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngwutil.c:232: undefined reference to `_deflateEnd'
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngwutil.c:242: undefined reference to `_deflateInit2_'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngwutil.o): In function `png_text_compress':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngwutil.c:434: undefined reference to `_deflate'
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngwutil.c:498: undefined reference to `_deflate'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngwutil.o): In function `png_zlib_release':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngwutil.c:312: undefined reference to `_deflateReset'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngwutil.o): In function `png_write_finish_row':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngwutil.c:2197: undefined reference to `_deflate'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngwutil.o): In function `png_write_filtered_row':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngwutil.c:3136: undefined reference to `_deflate'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngrutil.o): In function `png_inflate':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngrutil.c:333: undefined reference to `_inflate'
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngrutil.c:362: undefined reference to `_inflateReset'
/home/alistair/bin/mingw32/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-pngrutil.o): In function `png_read_finish_row':
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngrutil.c:3849: undefined reference to `_inflate'
/home/alistair/megazeux/tmp/libpng-1.5.7/pngrutil.c:3881: undefined reference to `_inflateReset'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [core.dll] Error 1

I thought (and still do) that the objects are slightly incompatible. In this case it seems like the symbols aren't read properly.

Either way it seems moot because mingw's ld won't look for .lib by default (just .a) so you'd have to manually rename all the files. Much better to use the mingw32 dep package.

--ajs.

#27 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

I've done it before with the SDL-dev libraries, before they started providing mingw ones. Worked fine. But yeah, not surprised it does break on certain things because they are not the same.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Spectere 

• Resident Spectere Fanboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

View PostLachesis, on 05 June 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Mac OSX version is up, check the first post. I built it in 10.5 on an Intel Mac, and nobody but I has tested it <.<

I didn't have any luck with the package on the main page. It bombs with the following (running on Lion):

Process:         MegaZeux [55931]
Path:            /Applications/MegaZeux/MegaZeux.app/Contents/MacOS/MegaZeux
Identifier:      MegaZeux
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [106]

Date/Time:       2012-06-17 15:19:52.215 -0400
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.7.3 (11D50)
Report Version:  9

Interval Since Last Report:          376417 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           20
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   3
Anonymous UUID:                      4A0693E4-D72E-458D-B5A4-0C82B5907AAA

Crashed Thread:  0

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/MegaZeux/MegaZeux.app/Contents/MacOS/MegaZeux
  Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
    0x1000 -     0x5ff6 +MegaZeux (??? - ???) <B5A9F944-73EE-F0DC-5AF6-19A11E552E5A> /Applications/MegaZeux/MegaZeux.app/Contents/MacOS/MegaZeux
    0xd000 -    0x90fe9 +libcore.dylib (??? - ???) <BA849A08-FC89-B5C3-0510-28D7BD952B7E> /Applications/MegaZeux/MegaZeux.app/Contents/MacOS/libcore.dylib
  0x16e000 -   0x194fff +libeditor.dylib (??? - ???) <43827EC2-060E-E2BD-E769-FC0F22323309> /Applications/MegaZeux/MegaZeux.app/Contents/MacOS/libeditor.dylib
0x8feed000 - 0x8ff1faa7  dyld (195.6 - ???) <3A866A34-4CDD-35A4-B26E-F145B05F3644> /usr/lib/dyld

Model: MacBookAir3,1, BootROM MBA31.0061.B07, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 1.4 GHz, 2 GB, SMC 1.67f4
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M, NVIDIA GeForce 320M, PCI, 256 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 1 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x02FE, 0x45424A3130554538454655302D41452D4620
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 1 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x02FE, 0x45424A3130554538454655302D41452D4620
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0xD1), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.100.98.75.19)
Bluetooth: Version 4.0.3f12, 2 service, 11 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en0
Serial ATA Device: APPLE SSD TS064C, 60.67 GB
USB Device: FaceTime Camera (Built-in), apple_vendor_id, 0x850a, 0x24600000 / 2
USB Device: BRCM2070 Hub, 0x0a5c  (Broadcom Corp.), 0x4500, 0x04500000 / 3
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, apple_vendor_id, 0x821b, 0x04530000 / 4
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, apple_vendor_id, 0x0242, 0x04300000 / 2

Looks like it's dynamically linked. I didn't have MacPorts installed, so it couldn't find the library. However, after installing MacPorts, I get the following:

Process:         MegaZeux [55946]
Path:            /Applications/MegaZeux/MegaZeux.app/Contents/MacOS/MegaZeux
Identifier:      MegaZeux
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [106]

Date/Time:       2012-06-17 15:22:35.812 -0400
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.7.3 (11D50)
Report Version:  9

Interval Since Last Report:          376580 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           21
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   4
Anonymous UUID:                      4A0693E4-D72E-458D-B5A4-0C82B5907AAA

Crashed Thread:  0

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/MegaZeux/MegaZeux.app/Contents/MacOS/MegaZeux
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/opt/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Binary Images:
    0x1000 -     0x5ff6 +MegaZeux (??? - ???) <B5A9F944-73EE-F0DC-5AF6-19A11E552E5A> /Applications/MegaZeux/MegaZeux.app/Contents/MacOS/MegaZeux
    0xd000 -    0x90fe9 +libcore.dylib (??? - ???) <BA849A08-FC89-B5C3-0510-28D7BD952B7E> /Applications/MegaZeux/MegaZeux.app/Contents/MacOS/libcore.dylib
  0x16e000 -   0x194fff +libeditor.dylib (??? - ???) <43827EC2-060E-E2BD-E769-FC0F22323309> /Applications/MegaZeux/MegaZeux.app/Contents/MacOS/libeditor.dylib
0x8fe5d000 - 0x8fe8faa7  dyld (195.6 - ???) <3A866A34-4CDD-35A4-B26E-F145B05F3644> /usr/lib/dyld

Model: MacBookAir3,1, BootROM MBA31.0061.B07, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 1.4 GHz, 2 GB, SMC 1.67f4
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M, NVIDIA GeForce 320M, PCI, 256 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 1 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x02FE, 0x45424A3130554538454655302D41452D4620
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 1 GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz, 0x02FE, 0x45424A3130554538454655302D41452D4620
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0xD1), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.100.98.75.19)
Bluetooth: Version 4.0.3f12, 2 service, 11 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en0
Serial ATA Device: APPLE SSD TS064C, 60.67 GB
USB Device: FaceTime Camera (Built-in), apple_vendor_id, 0x850a, 0x24600000 / 2
USB Device: BRCM2070 Hub, 0x0a5c  (Broadcom Corp.), 0x4500, 0x04500000 / 3
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, apple_vendor_id, 0x821b, 0x04530000 / 4
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, apple_vendor_id, 0x0242, 0x04300000 / 2

Most likely a 32-bit vs. 64-bit issue. Lion is exclusively 64-bit, so MacPorts is probably pulling down the 64-bit dylib on my system.

I put together a 64-bit build for Lion. Not sure if it'll work with the older versions of OS X, but here you go: http://dev.spectere....64-20120617.dmg. It has the same issue as the standard release, so MacPorts will have to be installed and all of the appropriate libraries retrieved (libsdl, libpng, and libvorbis, if I remember correctly).

The name of the compilers are also different (i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2 and i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-g++-4.2, respectively), so Makefile.in and the make line will have to be changed appropriately.

Also, I do have an iMac G4 running Leopard, so if I'm feeling saucy I might plug it in and attempt a PowerPC build.
:)

#29 User is offline   Lachesis 

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

ajs added make options to specify the compiler in 2.84b -- the wiki tutorial actually says to get the Makefile.in from GIT since the <2.84b darwin makefile is broken. The instructions were written based on my own experience in Leopard and asgromo's experience building in Lion. Attempting a PPC build would be greatly appreciated!

To be honest, the 2.84b release is very, very close. When the actual release comes could you build in Lion and (maybe) PPC so we can put up DMGs for those too? I'll have to make sure the 2.84b OSX page specifies that the deps need to be installed by the user unless there's a way to pack them in.'

#30 User is offline   Spectere 

• Resident Spectere Fanboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

I kinda figured based on how it was worded.

I wish I knew more about the build process on OS X, since it would be nice if we could finagle a Universal binary that has PPC/x86/amd64. That dylib oddity would be nice to work out as well, since the current binaries require users to have MacPorts installed, which isn't a reasonable expectation IMO.

But yeah, I'll gladly help out where I can. :(
:)

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users