dMZX Forums: MegaZeux 2.91b - dMZX Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MegaZeux 2.91b its like a ant hill (lots of bugs)

#1 User is online   Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

MegaZeux 2.91b

Posted Image

Release Info

Here's a fairly significant update for MegaZeux 2.91, fixing several major Robotic, audio, and editor related bugs, as well as issues that mostly affected Linux platforms. Also of note is the updated MSVC and Xcode support by Spectere.

Complete Changelog

Credits

Contributors:

Lachesis - Developer, maintainer
Dr. Lancer-X - Developer (layer rendering)
asiekierka - Developer (3DS port)
Terryn - Help file, testing
Spectere - Darwin binaries, MSVC/Xcode
Insidious - Ubuntu binaries

>>DOWNLOAD MEGAZEUX v2.91b<<

Windows x64 Windows x32 Mac OS X Ubuntu AMD64 Ubuntu i386 Debian AMD64 Debian i386 Raspbian Nintendo DS Nintendo 3DS Nintendo Wii PlayStation Portable Source code

Or, on Windows, you can press U or F7 on the title screen to run MegaZeux's built-in updater.
Linux and Mac OS X builds pending.

>>Read the New Release FAQ<<

>>Standalone Release Guide<<

>>Online Help File (updated for 2.91b)<<

>>New Features in MZX 2.90<<
>>New Features in MZX 2.91<<
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#2 User is offline   GetDizzy 

• Touch Fuzzy.

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:51 AM

Linux builds are pending completion of updates to my buildserver. Expect within the week, probably next couple days.

EDIT: Updates completed, debs built, builds are now up.
- Your Jumpy Neighborhood Admin

<@Tixus> Anyway, I set the year to 1988 for some reason.
<@Tixus> And set the microwave to run for a minute and 28 seconds.
<@Tixus> But it failed to send me back in time, and I was disappointed.
<Insidious> Tixus accidentally microwaved the 80s
<Insidious> that is my takeaway from this

#3 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

Ubuntu and Debian builds are now in the vault. The source code has also been updated to fix a problem that would cause it to sometimes fail to build.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#4 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:57 AM

The Windows builds have been updated to address line ending issues and an SDL bug that required reverting it back to 2.0.5.

#5 User is offline   astral 

• 6 pc chicken mcnobody
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

The MZX godsquad hits it again :( congratulations, you guys!
i thought you said weast

#6 User is offline   Spectere 

• Resident Spectere Fanboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

Mac builds will be ready tonight. :(
:)

#7 User is offline   Mr Goof 

• Pip

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

Hey Guys old member here interested in running Megazeux again. I have an older version on my Vista laptop that works but figured with my windows 7 laptop 64 bit processor I would try the new version you have so I attempted to download the latest version 2.91b. I unzipped it to a folder I created for it under my documents and when I attempted to run it the program gave me a path permissions error. after that error the exe file for the editor disappeared. I extracted from the zip again and tried as administrator same thing. So I figured there must be more to running this than the older versions that seemed to be able to run by clicking the exe. Problem is I shutdown the laptop and when it came back up it was as if I did a system restore my desktop image was changed to the Acer screen the laptop came with and all shortcuts that came originally with the computer. All the ones I had added that were not installed ones with the laptop disappeared deleted in the trash bin. The deletes coincided with the run times of the megazeux.exe. I even found a spreadsheet and copied it to my desktop mind you there is only one profile on this machine. I then attempted to restore shortcuts to my desktop but they did not appear on the desktop screen it was as if the desktop I had was a fake and mine was off somewhere in the background. Weirdest thing I have ever experienced. I ran virus scan and it came up with 2 cookies and a number of exploits in the Megazeux files left on my machine. I used the virus scan to eliminate the files then did a system restore back to before the file was run. Laptop is running fine now but wondering what happened. Not sure it was tied you your new version or not? You guys have always had top notch products and I would love to get the new version running but worry it will blow out my laptop again? Not sure if you encountered this with others or not so I posted this in the hopes it may help you.
Running
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
Acer
Aspire 5733
Processor Intel® Core™i3 CPU M370 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
Installed RAM 6.00 GB (5.68 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System
No Pen or Touch.
Running Free version of Panda antivirus

#8 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:10 AM

I've hidden the Windows builds for 2.91b until I can look into this further.

#9 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

Windows x64 build is clean

Windows x86 looks good except for one scanner, which from the sound of it is prone to false positives.

There isn't much reason you'd be running ccv.exe, hlp2txt.exe, or txt2hlp.exe, and none of these are run by MegaZeux. I'll keep looking into it, don't think the problem is on our end. EDIT: update on Cylance (the scanner that tripped on those three files). It uses machine learning instead of signatures, which tells me it's not particularly reliable. I've unhidden both builds.

As a side note for future reference, there is never any reason whatsoever that you should have to run MegaZeux in administrator mode.

EDIT 2: Mac OS X intel universal build up. Due to hardware failure, the PowerPC build will be significantly delayed.

This post has been edited by Lachesis: 10 January 2018 - 04:45 AM

#10 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:59 AM

Insid's Raspbian build is now in the vault (finally).

#11 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:48 AM

Permanently fixed the embedded HTML breakage in this thread, hopefully.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users