dMZX Forums: How to make Megazeux start with world loader instead of booting straig - dMZX Forums

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to make Megazeux start with world loader instead of booting straig

#1 User is offline   darkhog 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:21 PM

So yeah, got back into grove of making MZX games, bu it really irks me that when I boot up megazeux (NOT mzxrun) it loads straight to the Caverns instead of either loading a blank world or have the world selector open. Thought that this will change when I have more mzx files in the directory, but nope. Any way to set it the way I want?
There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skills.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~-+=SMZXDraw! The ultimate tool for editing charsets and palettes for SMZX games - FEEDBACK NEEDED!!!=+-~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Society consists mostly of jerks. We cannot neglect their involvement into building our civilization - without them we
wouldn't have such wonderful inventions like war, money, drugs... or Microsoft Windows.

#2 User is online   Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:43 AM

You can do this by either moving the Caverns of Zeux files to their own folder or by editing the config file and adding a line like:
startup_file=

This clears the startup world filename which should make MZX always start up to the file manager (or to a new world if startup_editor is enabled).
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#3 User is offline   hseiken 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:05 AM

Additionally, you can set the config to boot right to the editor. I made a blank world that MZX boots straight into the editor with, with a custom character set.
There is no Data, only Zuul.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users