• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Beer

#1 User is offline   djtiesto 

• SHOPPING PLEASE
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

So lately, I've been into craft beer. Haven't tried brewing my own though. Anyone else into beer? If so... favorites?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is online   Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:11 AM

Basically anything New Belgium brews that isn't an IPA... haven't tried a lot though.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#3 User is offline   Otto Germain 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

Favorite? Probably Arrogant Bastard.

#4 User is offline   Old-Sckool 

• megazeux breaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:03 AM

The only thing I know about beer is that Bud Light is shit.
<Nadir> mzxers don't make GAMES, usually
<phthalocyanine> they make experiences.
<Nadir> demos, more like
<Nadir> a glimpse into what could have been if mzx wasn't such a bore to work with
<Nadir> actually, i'm being unfair
<Nadir> i would have made mzx games if it was capable of running on more than 20 computers worldwide in 1998
<Nadir> >:D

<%Alice> functor
<%nooodl> i hear C++ has a thing called functors and they're completely different from Haskell functors...
<rorirover> the result is the most horrid thing in C++, it's basically black magic and it transforms any code you're writing into some eldritch monstrosity

#5 User is offline   T-Bone 

• Wastelander
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

Oddly enough I like various kinds of Cider Beer.
Youtube - teabone3 - Twitter - teabone3 - Twitch - teabone3

#6 User is offline   TheJMan 

• Pip

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:58 AM

In most ciders I've tried the yeast has been allowed to metabolize every last molecule of sugar leaving only the unattended orchard taste on the palate. The other end of the cider spectrum there's the synthetic and powerfully cloying Jolly Rancher thing. You find something < 1 on the entertainment/detriment ratio?
The universe unfolds as it should.

#7 User is offline   T-Bone 

• Wastelander
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

I've been trying to go lighter on my stomach these days as I used to drink way too much when younger. As a Canadian, beer is almost like part of our culture among young adult. So I was drinking quite a bit since I was 19. When I drink now I don't drink as much and when I do I tend to go for something more flavorful but not overpowering. My all time favorite true beer is Stella Artois.

This post has been edited by T-Bone: 08 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

Youtube - teabone3 - Twitter - teabone3 - Twitch - teabone3

#8 User is offline   djtiesto 

• SHOPPING PLEASE
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

I tend to like saisons (Belgian farmhouse ales... grassy with lots of herbs and spices, and a 'barnyard funk' quality). Not so much into IPAs, though the Dogfish Head ones are pretty good. Stouts, Pumpkin/yam ales, and hefeweizens round out my list.

My favorite beer is Dogfish Head Sah'tea - it's beer brewed with chai tea and lemongrass... yes it sounds weird but it's delicious (I'm a huge tea guy too). I think it's a seasonal thing so it's not always around in beverage stores. A few really cool craft beer pubs have been spurting up around here, which is nice.

Also if anyone uses Untappd (basically "foursquare for beer"), I'm 'tiesto' on there.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   nooodl 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

I live in Belgium. Obviously, I don't drink beer! I'm glad to hear we're apparently doing ridiculously well at the making good beer thing, though. My beer cred: I hear Leffe is good and Heineken tastes like urine.

#10 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

i'm a big fan of pabst blue ribbon
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(

#11 User is offline   hob nado 

• Ancient Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:43 AM

Porter, Belgian ale, wild fermentation, Scotch ale.

Sierra Nevada Porter
Unibroue Trois Pistoles
Wild-fermented ales like Jolly Pumpkin E.S. Bam
Scottish ales, like Orkney Skull Splitter
Pretty much anything by Mikkeller

My favorite style has always been porter but AMERICA has this problem right now with doing grave violence unto it (and it's not just porter but porter gets the worst of it: honey porter, vanilla porter, coffee porter, vanilla and coffee porter, maple porter, licorice porter?! THIS HAS GOT TO STOP, AMERICA)

#12 User is offline   Oof 

• Pip

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:11 AM

Cool, I still have an account here.

I like ales -- Newcastle and Sam Adams Boston Ale are good.

Rogue makes great beer but it's kind of pricy.

#13 User is offline   Exophase 

• Laughing on the inside.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Beer is a really inefficient way to get drunk. Even most ales. Although there was this one time I and the person I was with got this peanut butter cup ale at a hot dog bar place, and it didn't taste like peanut butter cups at all and I had to drink both of them and got pretty smashed.
~ ex0 has a kickass battle engine, without it you sux0rz! without it you sux0rz! ~

"The fact that I say I've one of the best, is called honesty." -Akwende
"Megazeux is not ment to be just ASCII, it is ANSI!" - T-bone6
"I hate it when you get all exo on me." - emalkay

Exophase can what Rubi-cant.
exoware is ware ur ware is exoware
ps. not loking 4 new membrs kthx

#14 User is offline   ThDPro 

• Brontosaurus-Sea-slug; Gooey and phallic
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

Beer is for enjoying, drunk is a really just a side-effect. Drink beer because you enjoy it. Drink Bacardi 151 to get drunk.

This post has been edited by ThDPro: 18 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

original soundtracks
Better Than Nothing - DOMINATION - Commander Keen: Heroes Lost - Welkin - A Confectioner's Recipe - random ThDPro music stuff
<Risu21121> if you're not going to make a good game, you might as well make a blatantly racist one.
<Kuddy> Testicles.
"Where are my folder?" - KKairos

#15 User is offline   Exophase 

• Laughing on the inside.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:14 AM

View PostThDPro, on 18 February 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Beer is for enjoying, drunk is a really just a side-effect. Drink beer because you enjoy it. Drink Bacardi 151 to get drunk.

Yeah, I'm not really capable of enjoying any alcoholic beverage. Possibly just because I have "those" sort of taste buds. I'm okay with it just being for the drunkeness.

Been drinking raspberry vodka tonight, in honor of a poor departed pet. Cheers.
~ ex0 has a kickass battle engine, without it you sux0rz! without it you sux0rz! ~

"The fact that I say I've one of the best, is called honesty." -Akwende
"Megazeux is not ment to be just ASCII, it is ANSI!" - T-bone6
"I hate it when you get all exo on me." - emalkay

Exophase can what Rubi-cant.
exoware is ware ur ware is exoware
ps. not loking 4 new membrs kthx

#16 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:27 AM

I can't stand the taste of bottled beer half of the time. It's always alright off tap though. As far as other alcoholic beverages, my one true love is gin~~~ ._. (i am a very lonely person)
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#17 User is offline   Graham 

• . "@Master Procrastinator"
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

I've never enjoyed the taste if alcohol either, Exophase. So I totally get what you mean about "those" sorts of taste buds.
Currently working on Servo for MegaZeux, I hope to complete it by the middle of 2015? Who knows...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

#18 User is offline   Otto Germain 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

It's definitely an acquired taste... I think beer most especially.

#19 User is offline   burstroc 

• i liek digtalmxz :o)
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

Resurrecting an old thread to stop by and say hi to everyone. :(

I like hoppy beers. There's this one around Seattle called Lucille IPA, by a company called Georgetown. Actually pretty popular around here and I can't get enough of it. Deschutes in Oregon makes Fresh Squeezed IPA which I also really like, but it isn't always around. If the beer must be bottled, I go for Mirror Pond Pale Ale.

As for non-beer, I used to like martinis, but I've moved on to whiskey and brandy. I take a quick shot of Evan Williams bourbon followed by exactly one shot of water to chase it. I do the normal swirl-sniff-sip deal on the brandy. I like box wine too. In conclusion, alcohol is great.

#20 User is offline   Pancake 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:51 AM

I'm a fan of drinking Magic Hat casually, especially Magic Hat #9 which I've found has pleasant vanilla undertones. Additionally, I was recently able to sample a few flavors of DuClaw's Sweet Baby Jesus; their chocolate peanut butter porter has a very good balance of sweetness to hoppy bitterness, highly recommended.

#21 User is online   Lachesis 

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

I had a seasonal beer at Breckenridge Brewery today and it was O.K. but a little too hoppy :(

#22 User is offline   djtiesto 

• SHOPPING PLEASE
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostPancake, on 11 October 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

I'm a fan of drinking Magic Hat casually, especially Magic Hat #9 which I've found has pleasant vanilla undertones. Additionally, I was recently able to sample a few flavors of DuClaw's Sweet Baby Jesus; their chocolate peanut butter porter has a very good balance of sweetness to hoppy bitterness, highly recommended.

I used to be in the DC area for work quite a bit with my last job, and every time I went I'd make sure to hit up DuClaw... their sampler is especially awesome.

The local brewpub, John Harvard's, has their pumpkin spice ale, which means the place is jammed now until the end of the season. It's a rite of passage for any legal Long Islanders to drink one when fall comes around, myself and Nash (and my girlfriend) went last weekend to get one. It's definitely one of the best pumpkin/yam beers.

Also anybody on Untappd? If so, add me, "tiesto".
Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Bramble 

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2022 - 08:13 AM

View Postdjtiesto, on 11 October 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

I used to be in the DC area for work quite a bit with my last job, and every time I went I'd make sure to hit up DuClaw... their sampler is especially awesome.

The local brewpub, John Harvard's, has their pumpkin spice ale, which means the place is jammed now until the end of the season. It's a rite of passage for any legal Long Islanders to drink one when fall comes around, myself and Nash (and my girlfriend) went last weekend to get one. It's definitely one of the best pumpkin/yam beers.

Also anybody on Untappd? If so, add me, "tiesto".

Friend request sent.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users