dMZX Forums: Separation of Record vs. Version vs. Architecture -> The Vault -> Tracker

Report ID 433 Title Separation of Record vs. Version vs. Architecture
Product The Vault Status Flagged For Future Version (Severity 0 - None Assigned)

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • You cannot reply to this issue

Report ID #433: Separation of Record vs. Version vs. Architecture

Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

This is an idea I've been kicking around a little. The more I think about it, the more appealing this sounds:

• A record is a game, engine, music pack, competition, program, etc, regardless of version of architecture. The main idea here is a title, a showcase page, a unique URL.
    • Versions are a subset table of records with a version, a minimum MZX version if applicable, a released date, and an optional architecture secondary key that causes the architecture drop down to appear for any given version.
      • Author(s) who created the game
      • Resources

• Screenshots, which will have captions so old versions can be clarified but new versions don't need to have new screenshots uploaded if they're virtually the same
    • Reviews, which record the version they were written for. The NOTE message will be automated and not written to the body of the review when a new version is uploaded
    • Tags

• Pros:
    • Superseding code can be deleted
    • Reviews and tags don't have to be duplicated every time a new version comes out
    • Showcase links never have to be updated
    • Version dropdown doesn't have to rely on walking backwards through a table

• Cons:
    • I have to move a lot of data around
    • Then I have to reprogram large portions of the Vault

"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Page 1 of 1  

Replies (1 - 1)

Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

Updating status to: Flagged For Future Version
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Page 1 of 1

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users