dMZX Forums: Test mode command-line switch -> Archived Requests -> Tracker

Report ID 769 Title Test mode command-line switch
Product Archived Requests Status Implemented (Severity 1 - Low)
Version 2.92 Fixed in 2.92

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • Closed Issue This issue is locked

Report ID #769: Test mode command-line switch

zzo38 

• Registered members
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:43 AM

For use with external editors, I would like to have a command-line switch that causes it to enter test mode on a specified board number. I don't like the built-in editor so much, and would prefer to make my own, and would like to not have to maintain the entirely separate version of MegaZeux for this purpose, instead making it external so that it is not needed to be merged with each new version of MegaZeux.

This post has been edited by zzo38: 08 June 2019 - 02:44 AM

In Capitalist America, law violates YOU!

"Potion of Confusing": Solve all the puzzles, hold second one as you hold a pencil, and save gibbering mouthers from the king's army.

Page 1 of 1  

Replies (1 - 5)

Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:05 PM

This feature can certainly be added and I think it sounds useful, but what is so irreconcilably wrong with the built-in editor that a full-blown external editor is required? Anything you think could improve the built-in editor would be helpful; aside from Graham, I haven't seen much editor feedback since MZX development picked up again. I feel like I'm shouting at the void every time I ask about something.

Back to the request though, how's 'test_mode=1' to test from the start board, and 'test_start_board=#' / 'test_start_board="name"' to select a different start board? Exiting testing would exit MegaZeux, and you'd have to use the megazeux executable specifically (not mzxrun) if you want to access the debug tools.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

zzo38 

• Registered members
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:02 PM

Lachesis, on 08 June 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

Back to the request though, how's 'test_mode=1' to test from the start board, and 'test_start_board=#' / 'test_start_board="name"' to select a different start board? Exiting testing would exit MegaZeux, and you'd have to use the megazeux executable specifically (not mzxrun) if you want to access the debug tools.
Yes, I think that would work well.

(Of course, if you find any feature in an external editor useful to merge into the built-in editor, you may do so; I intend to use a compatible license so that the code can even be copied directly if wanted.)
In Capitalist America, law violates YOU!

"Potion of Confusing": Solve all the puzzles, hold second one as you hold a pencil, and save gibbering mouthers from the king's army.

Lachesis 

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:14 PM

Updating status to: Approved
Updating severity to: 1 - Low
Updating version to: 2.92

Just an update on this, I have this implemented and an open pull request for it. It'll be merged to master soon if I can get some feedback.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Lachesis 

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:01 AM

Updating status to: Implemented
Issue fixed in: 2.92

Merged in GIT f580473c.

Terryn 

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:30 AM

Moving to: Archived Requests

Page 1 of 1

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users