dMZX Forums: Add joystick menu -> Archived Requests -> Tracker

Report ID 764 Title Add joystick menu
Product Archived Requests Status Implemented (Severity 3 - Medium)
Version 2.92 Fixed in 2.92

Page 1 of 1
  • Cannot start a new Issue
  • Closed Issue This issue is locked

Report ID #764: Add joystick menu

#1 User is online  
Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:48 AM

This is another request from Spectere's portable MegaZeux thread from 2007 that has some merit. Basically, the save/load buttons occupy two actions and are pretty important to have for the console ports. However, due to the limited number of shoulder buttons on some platforms, this requires removing the Y action (PSP) or X and Y actions (NDS, 3DS, Wii with remote only) to fit these actions on the face buttons. Other bizarre hacks I had to use include putting save/load on the volume controls (GP2X). Needless to say, this is terrible, the face buttons ought to be reserved for game use, and I don't feel comfortable releasing the joystick overhaul in this state. It'd be nice to have the escape action be able to open a menu that allows the user to select "Resume", "Save" (F3), "Load" (F4), "Options" (F2 + bypasses F2_MENU), "Exit" (Esc), etc.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Page 1 of 1  

Replies (1 - 2)

#2 User is online  
Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:56 PM

Updating status to: Implemented
Issue fixed in: 2.92

This was implemented as part of GIT e55e0108 by making the main menu and game menu real menus again.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

Terryn 

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:30 AM

Moving to: Archived Requests

Page 1 of 1

0 User(s) are reading this issue
0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users