dMZX Forums: Favorite "Licensed" music in MZX games - dMZX Forums

If you are new to DMZX, please take the time to look over the FAQ pinned in General before asking a question.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite "Licensed" music in MZX games

#1 User is offline   djtiesto 

• SHOPPING PLEASE
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:01 AM

So ever since basketcase.mod (in a shitload of MZX games), Enter Sandman in Engine, we all have been putting in "licensed" music in our games. Whether or not it was an instrumental MOD recreation of a popular song, a MOD with a few looped samples of a pop song (See: Zt and it's use of sampling), or with the advent of OGG support, actual "licensed" music.

What are some of your favorites that have been used in games? Mine still has gotta be Real McCoy - Runaway in nWo Hollywood or Culture Beat - Mr. Vain in Engine 2.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Dr Lancer-X 

• 電波、届いた?
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:10 AM

Ken Hirai - POP STAR in Thanatos Insignia
Posted Image
<Malwyn> Yes, yes. Don't worry I'd rather masturbate with broken glass than ask you for help again. :(

#3 User is online   Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:23 AM

I really like the sentinel boss music in red. Also, most of Zt's soundtrack.
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#4 User is offline   KKairos 

• not an actual chipmunk
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:02 AM

have some mixed feelings about the 'licensed' music, but hard to knock the choices in Kikan Remake, TBH.
darganflayer.net kaikairos.dev itch.io

#5 User is offline   Elig 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:32 PM

The one that I remember the most is the cover of Nirvana's lithium in one of the Cans games. I just remember being impressed with it or thinking it was cool or something when I was a kid. I remember thinking that it made the game feel cool or modern or something. I'm sure it's probably a crappy cover and a bad example, but I just have such a strong memory of it at the time. I don't know if it's my favorite exactly, I'm sure there's better, but it has that special childhood nostalgia stuff attached to it for me.
<Lancy-Rexxy> Hey, Elig. Any GUI progress ?
<Mooseka> YES LANCER <b>TALK DIRTY TO ME</b>
<GMCBay> When creating a game, the first thing I do is design the box cover for the special edition collectors DVD. The second thing I do is begin thinking about what will be in the sequel.
<Koji> SOYLENT MILK IS COWS!! D:
<Jotz> you guys have such a mindless disdain for a delicious mint julep! that you're making it not work by thinking that it won't.
<Jotz> Sorry, but I don't think this project is going to succeed like a delicious mint julep! did.
<xicloid> Isn't there anything like "return null"in C?

#6 User is offline   dflatline 

• Pip

Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:36 AM

View PostElig, on 09 February 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

The one that I remember the most is the cover of Nirvana's lithium in one of the Cans games. I just remember being impressed with it or thinking it was cool or something when I was a kid. I remember thinking that it made the game feel cool or modern or something. I'm sure it's probably a crappy cover and a bad example, but I just have such a strong memory of it at the time. I don't know if it's my favorite exactly, I'm sure there's better, but it has that special childhood nostalgia stuff attached to it for me.

I think it was on the Darkness title screen and was a slightly sped up loop of just the intro riff. I'd never heard lithium before but I remember thinking it really 'fit' the atmosphere of the screen.

#7 User is offline   Old-Sckool 

• megazeux breaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:52 AM

whatever the song was that was used for the intro to &
<Nadir> mzxers don't make GAMES, usually
<phthalocyanine> they make experiences.
<Nadir> demos, more like
<Nadir> a glimpse into what could have been if mzx wasn't such a bore to work with
<Nadir> actually, i'm being unfair
<Nadir> i would have made mzx games if it was capable of running on more than 20 computers worldwide in 1998
<Nadir> >:D

<%Alice> functor
<%nooodl> i hear C++ has a thing called functors and they're completely different from Haskell functors...
<rorirover> the result is the most horrid thing in C++, it's basically black magic and it transforms any code you're writing into some eldritch monstrosity

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users