• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MegaZeux 2.90 It's a completely cool, multi-purpose MegaZeux release

#31 User is offline   Zinfandel 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:51 AM

Lachesis, on 04 July 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

That's unusual. Is there anything in stderr?

Nope. stderr actually appears while I have Megazeux open, but it remains empty, and it vanishes when I close Megazeux. stdout generates empty when I start Megazeux, but it generates the "INFO: Updater disabled." message once I leave the title screen.

#32 User is offline   Why-Fi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:49 AM

Spectere, on 05 July 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

Basically, SDL2 changed the way that SDL_main works, which causes the SDLmain.m Objective-C wrapper included in MegaZeux to choke. Fortunately, MegaZeux seems to work just fine without it, at least with SDL2 (I haven't tried it on the PPC build, which still uses SDL1, since there was no real need).

To get rid of that dependency, edit src/Makefile.in and look for these two blocks:

ifeq (${PLATFORM},darwin)
mzx_objs += arch/darwin/SDLMain.o
mzx_ldflags += -framework Cocoa
endif

...and:

ifeq (${PLATFORM},darwin)
mzxrun_objs += arch/darwin/SDLMain.o
mzxrun_ldflags += -framework Cocoa
endif

Comment those out (using pound/hash signs) and it should link successfully.

Got it! Thanks for the help! I was now able to compile.

To note for other people facing the same issue, I also had to change /arch/darwin/Makefile.in, as the following blocks:

ifeq (${ARCH},i686)
CC        := ${CROSS_COMPILE_X86_CC}  -mmacosx-version-min=10.4
CXX   	:= ${CROSS_COMPILE_X86_CXX} -mmacosx-version-min=10.4
REAL_ARCH := i686

were causing an error related to SDL2 requiring OS X 10.6 to function. Just changing -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 will suffice.
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   Spectere 

• Resident Spectere Fanboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

Oops. Yeah, forgot about that one. Thanks for bringing it up!

Additionally, make lipo is also broken for x86-64 builds--it only supports combining PPC/x86 binaries. Running lipo manually will work without a hitch. Note that you only need to do that step if you're building a Universal Binary. If you're only targeting a single architecture you don't need to run lipo at all.
:)

#34 User is offline   Graham 

• . "@Master Procrastinator"
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:44 AM

Do you guys want to set up a patreon page for supporting development of MegaZeux? I for one would donate to that.
Currently working on Servo for MegaZeux, I hope to complete it by the middle of 2015? Who knows...

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes."
-Jack Handey

#35 User is offline   Zinfandel 

• Pip

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:28 AM

Zitman, on 04 July 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

Nope. stderr actually appears while I have Megazeux open, but it remains empty, and it vanishes when I close Megazeux. stdout generates empty when I start Megazeux, but it generates the "INFO: Updater disabled." message once I leave the title screen.

Any chance of a follow-up on this?

#36 User is online   Lachesis 

• the pinnacle of human emotion
  • Group: DigiStaff

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:32 AM

We don't have enough information to know what exactly the problem is. Essentially, the reason the updater won't initialize is that MZX is failing to change to the directory the MegaZeux executable is in during this process. This is very odd and we're not sure why that would happen. What version of Windows are you running? What directory is your MZX executable in? What are the permissions on the directory and on the executable? Can you download another copy of MZX 2.84c, extract it in a different directory/drive/etc, and upgrade it from there? Have you used the updater on this installation of MZX to upgrade in the past (i.e. to MZX 2.84b, 2.84c, etc)?
"Let's just say I'm a GOOD hacker, AND virus maker. I'm sure you wouldn't like to pay for another PC would you?"

xx̊y (OST) - HELLQUEST (OST) - Zeux I: Labyrinth of Zeux (OST) (DOS OST)
w/ Lancer-X and/or asgromo: Pandora's Gate - Thanatos Insignia - no True(n) - For Elise OST
MegaZeux: Online Help File - Keycode Guide - Joystick Guide - Official GIT Repository

#37 User is offline   Zinfandel 

• Pip

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

Lachesis, on 08 July 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

We don't have enough information to know what exactly the problem is. Essentially, the reason the updater won't initialize is that MZX is failing to change to the directory the MegaZeux executable is in during this process. This is very odd and we're not sure why that would happen. What version of Windows are you running? What directory is your MZX executable in? What are the permissions on the directory and on the executable? Can you download another copy of MZX 2.84c, extract it in a different directory/drive/etc, and upgrade it from there? Have you used the updater on this installation of MZX to upgrade in the past (i.e. to MZX 2.84b, 2.84c, etc)?

I was running in Win 10, but huh, the option to update finally appeared after I gave Megazeux.exe admin permission and selected "Security Unblock" on the file properties. Go figure; apparently Win10 says 'this file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.

Thanks - update time!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users